Kenyen Brown (University of Alabama, University of Tennessee College of Law) is nominated to replace Deborah Rhodes, who resigned April 17.
- Born in Detroit, Mich., in 1969.
- Has been a staffer on the House ethics committee, formally known as the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct, since May 2008.
- On the House ethics panel, served as deputy chief counsel to the director of advice and education from May 2008 to July 2008, then as acting chief counsel/staff director from August 2008 until April. He’s been the panel’s director of advice and education since May.
- Worked on the Senate Select Committee on Ethics from April 1999 to April 2008, serving as counsel until March 2007 and then as the senior counsel to the director of education and training.
- Served as the Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Alabama from August 1996 to April 1999.
- Was deputy district attorney for Montgomery County, Ala., from November 1995 to July 1996.
- Clerked for Lloyd, Schreiber and Gray in Birmingham and Foshee & Associates in Montgomery.
- Attended the University of Tennessee College of Law on an academic scholarship and Indiana University of Pennsylvania on academic and athletic scholarships before transferring to the University of Alabama.
- Named by Roll Call as one of the “Fabulous Fifty” “Movers and Shakers Behind the Scenes of Capitol Hill” in 2008 and 2009.
- As an Assistant U.S. Attorney tried 15-20 cases that went to trial, most of which he served as the sole counsel.
- While a deputy district attorney, handled approximately 3000 cases, about 300 of which resulted in bench trials.
Click here for his full questionnaire.
UPDATE: Brown also disclosed to the committee that his assets total $578,000 and he has $310,00 in liabilities, leaving him with a net worth of $268,000.
On his Office of Government Ethics financial disclosure Brown reported assets valued at a maximum of $1,000 and no liabilities.
Article printed from Main Justice: http://www.mainjustice.com
URL to article: http://www.mainjustice.com/2009/08/18/kenyen-brown-southern-district-of-alabama/
Copyright © 2009-2012 WDC Media LLC. All rights reserved.