Michael C. Ormsby (Gonzaga University, Gonzaga University School of Law) was nominated March 2 to be U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Washington. He would replace Bush holdover James A. McDevitt, who became the U.S. Attorney on Nov. 30, 2001.
- Born in Spokane, Wash., in 1957.
- Attended but did not earn a degree from Eastern Washington University.
- Is a member and president of Sports Enterprises LLC, which is the ownership group for the minor league Yakima Bears baseball team of the Northwest League.
- Has been a member of Short Season LLC, a management group for the Yakima Bears since 2000.
- Was a member of Yakima Equipment LLC, which owned the scoreboard at Yakima County Stadium from 2007 to 2009.
- Has been a partner at K&L Gates, LLP in Spokane, Wash., since July 1988.
- Was a partner and associate attorney at Lukins & Annis P.S. in Spokane from 1981 to 1988. Was a librarian and law clerk at the firm from 1979 to 1981.
- Was a concessions worker at the Spokane Indians Baseball Club in Spokane during the summer of 1979.
- Has appeared in court and brought to resolution approximately 20 cases serving as associate counsel in approximately 10 of those cases, sole counsel in two and chief or co-counsel in the remainder.
Click here for his full Senate Judiciary Committee questionnaire.
UPDATE: On his Senate Judiciary financial disclosure Ormsby reported assets of $3.41 million, mostly from securities and two residences, and no liabilities.