Christopher R. Thyer (Arkansas State University, University of Arkansas School of Law) is nominated to be the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Arkansas. He would replace Tim Griffin, who served as the district’s interim U.S. Attorney from December 2006 to June 2007. Jane Duke, who had been First Assistant U.S. Attorney, has led the office since December 2007.
- Born in Kansas City, Mo., in 1969.
- Has been a partner/owner of Stanley & Thyer, P.A. in Jonesboro, Ark., since January 2007.
- Has been a member/owner of Stanley- Thyer Real Estate Investments, LLC in Jonesboro, Ark., since May 2008.
- Was a partner/member of Halsey & Thyer, PLC in Jonesboro, Ark., from October 2005 to January 2007.
- Has been a member of Precision Partners, LLC in Jonesboro, Ark., since September 2005.
- Was a member of Precision Title Services, LLC in Paragould, Ark., from December 2004 to July 2006.
- Served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from January 2003 to January 2009.
- Owned Solon, Inc. in Jonesboro, Ark., from January 2003 to May 2004.
- Was a member/owner of Halsey- Thyer Real Estate Investments, LLC in Jonesboro, Ark., from October 2002 to May 2008.
- Was a partner/owner of Mooney Law Firm, P.A. in Jonesboro, Ark., from June 1997 to October 2005.
- Was an adjunct teacher at the Arkansas State University in Jonesboro, Ark. during the fall of 1996.
- Owned Christopher R. Thyer, P.A. in Jonesboro, Ark. from August 1995 to June 1997.
- Clerked for Ball & Mourton, PLLC in Fayetteville, Ark., during the summer and fall of 1994.
- Clerked for Womack, Landis, Phelps, McNeill & McDaniel (now Womack, Landis, Phelps & McNeill) in Jonesboro, Ark., during the summer of 1993.
- Has handled an estimated 300 non-settled trials to conclusion.
Click here for his full Senate Judiciary Committee questionnaire.
UPDATE: On his Senate Judiciary financial disclosure Thyer reported $1.4 million in assets, mostly from real estate, and liabilities of $782,800, for a net worth of $613,800. His $1.14 million in real estate holdings include his personal residence, a condo, a strip mall and his law office. He has mortgages for all of the properties. Oh his Office of Government Ethics disclosure he reported his income distribution from his law firm for 2009 and most of 2010 was $272,804. He also earned $6,631 during that time period from his ownership of a strip mall.