Tim Purdon (Moorhead State University, Hamline University School of Law) is nominated to be U.S. Attorney for North Dakota. He would replace Drew Wrigley, who was the district’s U.S. Attorney from 2001 until Sept. 11, 2009. The district’s current acting U.S. Attorney is Lynn C. Jordheim.
- Born in Oakes, N.D., in 1968.
- Earned an associate’s degree in liberal arts from North Dakota State College of Science.
- Has worked at Vogel Law Firm in Bismarck, N.D., since May 2005. He joined as an associate as was made a partner on Jan. 1,2006.
- Was on the executive committee of the North Dakota Democratic-NPL Party from February 2006 until earlier this month.
- Worked at Dickson & Purdon in Bismarck, N.D., from June 1996 to May 2005. He joined as an associate as was made a partner in 2001. At that time the name of the firm was changed to Dickson & Purdon.
- Was an associate at Olson & Cichy in Bismarck, N.D., from September 1995 to June 1996.
- Clerked for the Honorable Bruce M. VanSickle, a senior judge in the U.S. District Court in in Bismarck, N.D., from September 1994 to September 1995.
- Worked as a summer associate at Briggs & Morgan in St. Paul, Minn., in 1993.
- Was a summer associate at Jeffries Olson & Flom in Fargo, N.D., in 1992.
- Worked on the grounds crew at Moorhead Country Club in Moorhead, Minn., during the summer of 1991.
- Has tried more than 40 jury trials. In at least 95 percent of these cases, he served as sole or chief counsel.
Click here for his full Senate Judiciary Committee questionnaire.
UPDATE: On his Office of Government Ethics financial disclosure Purdon reported that his salary and bonuses for 2008 and most of 2009 was $182,000. He also reported $22,000 in LLP income for 2008 and most of 2009 from the law office’s building.
On his Senate Judiciary financial disclosure he reported assets of $1,738,800, mostly in securities, and liabilities of $243,000 for a net worth of $1,495,800.