David Fein (Dartmouth College, New York University School of Law) is nominated to be U.S. Attorney for Connecticut. He would replace Kevin O’Connor, who was the district’s U.S. Attorney from 2002 to 2006. O’Connor resigned in order to become Associate Deputy Attorney General. The district’s current acting U.S. Attorney is Nora Dannehy.
- Born in New York, N.Y., in 1960.
- Has been a partner at Wiggin and Dana LLP in Stamford, Conn., since 1997.
- Has been a visiting lecturer at Yale Law School in New Haven, Conn., since 1999.
- Was Associate Counsel to President Bill Clinton in Washington, D.C., from 1995 to 1996.
- Worked as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Southern District of New York from 1989 to 1995. Also served as deputy chief of the narcotics unit from 1992 to 1993, Deputy Chief of the Criminal Division from 1993 to 1994 and counsel to the U.S. Attorney from 1994 to 1995.
- Was an associate at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP in New York, N.Y., from 1986 to 1989.
- Clerked for The Honorable Frank M. Coffin in Portland, Maine from 1985 to 1986.
- Was a summer associate at the U.S. Attorney’s office in Southern District of New York in 1985.
- Was a summer associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP in New York, N.Y., in 1984.
- Was a summer associate at Rosenman & Colin (now Katten Muchin Rosenman) in New York, N.Y., in 1983.
- Was a visiting lecturer at the University of Connecticut School of Law in Hartford, Conn., from 1997 to 1998.
- Has tried approximately 15 cases tried to verdict, of which he was chief counsel in approximately 10.
Click here for his full Senate Judiciary Committee questionnaire.
On his Office of Government Ethics financial disclosure Fein reported earning $1.8 million from Wiggin and Dana in 2009 in distribution and bonuses.
UPDATE: On his Senate Judiciary financial disclosure Fein reported assets valued at $4.5 million, mostly from his $2.8 million personal residence, and $978,000 in liabilities, mostly from a mortgage on the property, for a net worth of $3.6 million.
[...] Follow this link: Meet David Fein – Main Justice [...]