Meet Michele Leonhart
By Andrew Ramonas | November 11, 2021 4:27 pm
Michele Leonhart (Bemidji State University) was nominated on Feb. 2 to be the Administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration. She has served as the agencyâ€™s acting Administrator since 2007.
- Born in Fargo, N.D., in 1956.
- Has been DEA Deputy Administrator since 2004, in addition to serving as acting Administrator since 2007.
- Was acting DEA Deputy Administrator from 2003 to 2004.
- Led the DEA Los Angeles office from 1998 to 2004.
- Served as the DEA San Francisco office chief from 1997 to 1998.
- Was Executive Assistant to a DEA Assistant Administrator from 1996 to 1997.
- Served as an Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the DEA Los Angeles office from 1995 to 1996.
- Was Executive Secretary to the DEA Career Board from 1994 to 1995.
- Served as an inspector in the DEA Office of Professional Responsibility from 1993 to 1994.
- Was a DEA Operations Division Staff Coordinator in 1993.
- Served as a DEA Group Supervisor in San Diego from 1988 to 1993.
- Was a Special Agent in St. Louis from 1986 to 1988.
- Served as a Special Agent in Minneapolis from 1981 to 1986.
- Was a DEA Special Agent in the DEA Training Academy in 1981.
- Served as a Baltimore police officer from 1979 to 1981.
- Was a elementary school resource worker in White Bear Lake, Minn., from 1978 to 1979.
Click here for her Senate Judiciary Committee questionnaire.